Towards The Inclusive Classroom: Best Practice – course details
The aim of this course is to help participants and participant organizations expand their knowledge and skills that relate to designing and managing the inclusive classroom.
During this course, the participants will become familiar with best international practices regarding:
- Talented and Gifted Students
- Students with Behavior Difficulties
- Students with Learning Difficulties
- Managing the Inclusive Classroom
Participants will also visit and study a place of interest (e.g. ancient Messini, the historical center of Kalamata, etc) and prepare online lessons or another “product” on a topic of interest. That way the course will, secondarily, marry inclusion with basic ICT skills and European culture and history.
At the end of this course, participants will:
- be familiar with key terminology regarding inclusive education
- have actively engaged with state-of-the-art methods of teaching and living in the inclusive classroom
- have actively engaged with class-management in the inclusive context
- be familiar with peer teaching and collaborative learning methods
- have improved their communicative competence in English;
- have used technology to design lesson-plans or other activities
- have increased motivation and satisfaction in their daily work
- have improved their understanding of other European cultures
- have developed a sense of European citizenship and identity through participating in a community of European teachers and trainers
- shared experiences and best practices
- be familiar with the Europass.
Every participant will have to fill a questionnaire which helps the trainers to customize the course to better fit their needs.
Attendants will get instructions and material which will help them to be prepared for the courses needs.
The main aspect of the course is to promote collaboration between participants. Lessons will be held in our centre’s classrooms and computer lab, as well as outside. Our approach is to base the learning process on practical rather than theoretical knowledge. The course is designed on active learning methods and, at the end of the course, teach participant should be able to use the taught techniques effectively.
The participants will get material which includes information about all the areas covered at the course, lesson plans, all the produced outcomes of the course, useful links and more.
The above material can be freely used by the participants at their school.
Target Group / Who is this course for
This course is for every teacher in primary, secondary, adult or vocational education and training.
Contact us for any question, worries or anything else you want to tell us. We will be happy to help you!