Enhance your teaching with new century ICT-based teaching tools
The ICT in your class course aims to introduce teachers to new technologies, and prepare them for the new era of teaching.
The course is specifically designed to help teachers of various fields to increase their skills in using technology in their lessons by showing them – in a simple way! – how to incorporate free web 2.0 tools in their teaching.
During the course, the participants will learn how to:
- create blogs;
- use wikis;
- use social networking and other ICT tools like video editing;
- create simple and efficient presentations online.
Participants will practice their newly acquired knowledge in a real time scenario in which they will visit and study a place of interest (e.g. ancient Messini, historical center of Kalamata, etc) and prepare online lessons for the chosen field. In that way the course will work in another level combined the ICT skills with the European Culture and history.
At the end of this course, the expected objectives for participants will be:
- to be able to use WEB 2.0 tools in classroom
- to make ICT tools look easy in the eyes of an amateur, in computers, teacher.
- introduction to collaborating learning while using on-line tools
- provide methodology to project based learning with the help of WEB 2.0 environment
- encourage the teachers who participate to involve WEB 2.0 tools in their everyday lessons
- using tablet / laptop in the classroom
- to improve their competence in English;
- to help teachers design educational activities for their lessons
- to learn how to enhance cultural heritage into teaching
- to increase their motivation and satisfaction in their daily work;
- to understand European culture
- to develope a sense of European citizenship and identity through participating in a community of European teachers and trainers;
- sharing experiences and best practices among the participants
- become familiar with the Europass tool.
The main aspect of the course is to promote collaboration between participants. Lessons will be held in our computer lab and all around the city as the main objective is to learn while having fun. Our approach is to base the teaching process in practical rather than theoretical knowledge. The course is designed to learn from the practice and to be able at the end of the course the participant to be able to effectively use their own e-learning environments.
The course is hosted in a fully equipped computer lab and it is not necessary for participants to have their own equipment with them
Every participant will have to fill a questionnaire which helps the trainers to customize the course to better fit their needs. Attendants will get instructions and material which will help them to be prepared for the courses needs.
- Introduction to web 2.0
- Web tools
- collaborative teaching with wikispaces
- blogs (wordpress, blogger)
- easy building of a website with weebly
- online presentations with prezi
- WordPress administration
- Use web 2.0 tools to teaching
- the example of ancient messini
- project work with wikispaces
Structured study visits
During the course, we also organize study visits to local schools. Normally, we discuss with participants their needs and we organize study visits to cover these needs. Depending on the group, we organize from a minimum of one to a maximum of five study visits. Popular study visits include:
- A special needs education school
- A school for adults from disadvantaged backgrounds
- A school with Roma mainstreaming classes
- Vocational secondary and post-secondary schools
- General primary and secondary schools
Each study visit is structured and accompanied by reflective activities. There is no extra cost for these study visits.
There are two outdoor learning activities: a gamified tour of the town and a visit to a local historical site. The onsite visit is accompanied by non-formal European history learning activities, as well as activities that link this history to the course topic. There is no extra cost for these activities.
There is also an optional social programme for those interested. This programme may include an intercultural night, lunches and dinners at different restaurants, going out for a drink or coffee, or even an extra excursion – if there is time! These activities depend on participant needs and wants, and those participating in them will have to pay for what they choose to eat and drink. If there is an optional excursion, they will also have to pay van costs and any other expenses (e.g. museum tickets)
The participants will get material which includes information about all the areas covered at the course, lesson plans, all the produced outcomes of the course, useful links and more.
The above material can be freely used by the partisipants at their school.
Target Group / Who is this course for
This course is for every teacher in primary, secondary or vocational training. Only very basic knowledge of computer handling is needed!!
Duration and cost
The duration of the course is 7 days and the cost is 490€. This amount can be fully covered via an Erasmus+ grant provided by your National Agency.
Unless you participate in the above mentioned excursions and going-outs, there are no other costs involved. However, we can also offer consultancy/ coaching services to your school. Previous experience includes:
- Supporting the multiculturization of educational material
- Helping with designing more inclusive classrooms
- Material development
- Outdoor learning activities design
- 01.02.2018 – 07.02.2018
- 11.2.2018 – 17.2.2018
- 28.10.2018 – 3.11.2018
- 3.2.2019 – 9.2.2019
- 10.2.2019 – 16.2.2019
- 7.4.2019 – 13.4.2019
- 30.6.2019 – 6.7.2019
- 13.10.2019 – 19.10.2019
- 09.02.2020 – 15.02.2020
- 03.05.2020 – 09.05.2020
The course will take place in the city of Kalamata, Greece. Here you can find more information about Kalamata and your accomodation.
Assistance is available. Don’t hesitate to ask us for help!