Teaching in multicultural classes: tips, challenges, opportunities
Primary and secondary teachers, adult educators/ trainers dealing with learners from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
The aim of this 7-day course is to enable participants and participant organizations to deal effectively with classroom challenges linked to migration.
At the end of this course, participants will have:
- improved their competences linked to teaching/ training learners from other cultures, and integrating them into their classroom practice;
- increased their capacity to trigger and lead changes in terms of inclusiveness and combating violent radicalization within their organizations;
- improved the quality of their work and activities in favor of both local and non-local learners;
- gained a greater understanding and responsiveness to social, linguistic and cultural diversity;
- increased their ability to address the needs of the disadvantaged;
- improved their competence in English;
- increased their motivation and satisfaction in their daily work;
- built a network of international contacts;
- developed a sense of European citizenship and identity through participating in a community of European teachers and trainers;
- become familiar with the Europass tool.
– Disambiguating and contextualizing key-concepts and approaches;
– Managing culture and race-induced classroom conflict;
– Exploring and adopting effective teaching styles;
– Supporting learners of diverse linguistic backgrounds even you’re not a language teacher;
– Exploiting course content to foster critical and creative thinking on relevant issues.
You can download the Teaching in multicultural classes-timetable
Download Attachment: Timetable Multicultural Classes